Ready for CAE p 11. Challenges and Motivations. Vocabulary. Speaking

Challenges and Motivation 2
Useful language p 11
Pictures:
Rubbish dump
Glass recycling
Bottle labels
Cans
Jars
Wind farm
Wind turbine
Striped suit and tie
Landline phone
The man sitting at the desk might be his boss.

Questions:
To achieve success, a film should…
The book met with success in Great Britain, but at first no one in the United States wanted to publish it.
A book’s popularity doesn’t always guarantee its movie’s success.
The song was a resounding success. It became a Christmas hit that year, which was the beginning of a triumphal march around the world.

To pursue his personal ambition, he decided to leave everything behind and go on an around the world trip.
I wanted to realize my secret ambition as soon as possible.

A lot has been said about how to increase students’ motivation.
High school students lack motivation in the classroom for various reasons. Sometimes students lack role models. They don’t have relatives who they can look up to. And on top of that they are constantly targeted by non-academic celebrities or negative role models through the media.

I was reluctant to resign to failure.
I started a small business thinking it would be a shining moment in my life but, without proper planning, after a few months it was a dismal failure.

This year for my New Year’s resolution I decided I had to listen to others better.
In the past few years, I fell into the occasional bad habit of not listening closely enough to family and friends. I was aware of this, and I wanted to do my best to listen better. It became a major challenge at first but now, a couple of months later I must say I don’t have to make an effort anymore and I am actually enjoying it.
Last year I decided to complete my master’s degree. Now, a year later, I believe I rose to the challenge, and it has given me the confidence to embark on the next stage in my career
(If someone rises to the challenge, they act in response to a difficult situation which is new to them and are successful).
It was a challenge and it was daunting but at least I tried

I anticipated myself making some major changes in my life. This would be the year that I would finally attain some of the goals that would be personal achievements.

For the first time in my life, I knew what I wanted to do and I intended to go for it. That was something that I felt was right, with every bone in my body. Everything just fell into place naturally. It is funny how everything becomes brighter and clearer when you have a vision for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.