Speakout Advanced p 14. Speculating. Use of English

I suppose/guess/reckon he’s/she’s about …
I suppose she’s about to start.

I’d say he/ she looks/ doesn’t look …
I’d say he doesn’t look very surprised.

I wonder what he/ she …
I wonder what he’ll do now.

I’d hazard a guess (that) …
I’d hazard a guess (that)the meeting is at 5:30 pm.

If I had to make a guess, I’d say (that) …
If I had to make a guess, I’d say (that) they will be at home very soon.

I’m pretty sure he/ she …
I’m pretty sure he will arrive late.

There’s something … about him / her.
There’s something about him that makes me nervous.

He/ she gives the impression of being …
He gives the impression of being very funny.

He/she could be/ must be/ might be …
She could be lost but I’m not sure.

It seems like he/she … / It seems to me … / It looks to me as if he/she…
It seems like she has no alternative.
It seems to me that you have no alternative.
It looks to me as if he has no alternative.

It makes me think (that) maybe he/she …
It makes me think (that) maybe she knows the truth.

It might suggest (that) …
It might suggest (that)he is guilty.
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.