Speakout Advanced p 15. Speculating. Key Word Transformations



Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word given.

1.   I guess she’s a bit lonely.

 

seems

 

It _____________________________________ alone.

 

2.   It looks as though he’s very angry.

 

impression

 

He _____________________________________ furious.

 

3.   I think she’s probably an actress.

 

reckon

 

I ______________________________________ female performer.

 

4.   If you asked me, I’d say she was happy with her life.

 

guess

 

If I had to _______________________________ life story.

 

5.   I’d definitely say that he’s not telling us everything.

 

pretty

 

I _______________________________________ all the truth.

 

6.   I think she could be an only child.

 

hazard

 

I __________________________________________ child
 

 

KEY:

1.   It seems to me that she’s a bit alone.

 



2.   He gives the impression of being furious.

 



3.   I reckon she’s probably a female performer.

 



4.   If I had to make a guess, I’d say she was happy with her life story.

 



5.   I’m pretty sure he’s not telling us all the truth.

 



6.   I’d hazard a guess that she’s an only child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.